Android data Safety: Remove Adware, Malware and Viruses from Android
As everybody knows about Android and Google Playstore, I hope so. But, are you the one who is facing malware on Android? Do you want to remove viruses from Android? Is there any severe situation related to Android that just arises in front of you? If yes, then you can get an effective solution here that helps you to remove malware programs and ensure android data safety on phone and device.
What you get in this article: –
- About Android and Google Play Store
- Details of Vulnerability of Android
- Possible Damages
- Steps to remove Malware from Android
About Android and Google Play Store:
Android is convincingly the most popular mobile operating system featured by Google Inc. To provide users friendly features, it has Google Play that filled with tons of apps. It is open for any of the users to add apps. Recently one major change is detected in Google Play Store. Actually, the number of Android apps infected with malware in Google’s Play Store has increased by around 400% in the last years.
Details of Vulnerability of Android
Because of its open-source behavior, Android becomes more vulnerable to have tricky or malicious apps. You should not keep any doubt about it. Since this is a Google product so it comes with Google brand value but what about apps. Anyone is able to add apps and google performs a little check about that initially. Cybercriminals perform the tricky game and sometimes succeed to hide their malicious behavior from the Google app checker algorithm.
Cybercriminals create malware spreading apps that can attempt to steal personal details and advertisers use it as a marketing channel by bundling push notifications with apps. Primarily, users’ security is clearly compromised. In another case, an ad-app bundle is rarely mentioned, so users who download it unknowingly face a mobile privacy threat.
Let’s ask direct question about Android. Can a Android Phone get a virus?
The key thing about Android that you have to actually remember that On Android, malware comes with an App. It can be said that malware can come as a malicious app. Cybercriminals who are involved in malware creation use a clever technique to trick you into doing just that. As hackers always looking for money for their malicious creators, they always try to look for new ways to get their malicious software installed on your device. Best practice to stay away from malware on Android is to think twice while installing untrusted software or clicking on strange-looking links.
Malicious Android apps or can say the Android virus is designed by cybercriminals. Generally, it causes to display pop-ups, absence, the third party redirect links and etc. It might collect confidential information such as device Ids from infected devices. Apart from this, lots of other harmful activities you might find of PC. Some of the severe cases have an identity theft issue in which hackers may steal financial details and misuse their personal benefit.
Pirated or cracked apps are one of the primary channels for cybercriminals to infect Android phones with malware. They can easily get an Android application package (APK) file and binding it with a malicious program. It is one of the simplest ways for hackers to infect Android phones. However, most of the pirated or cracked apps have some kind of malware programs so it is important not to install them.
Android malicious apps can generally do at least one of the following:-
- Subscribe infected phones to premium services
- Record phone conversation and send them to attackers
- Send SMS to premium-rate numbers
- Collect and send GPS coordinates, contact lists, e-mail addresses to third parties.
- Download other malware onto infected phones
- Push notification ads- that delivers alerts to a phone’s notification bar
- Icon ads – that inserted onto a phone’s start screen, when users touch the icon it usually launches a search engine or a web service.
- Take control over infected phone
Steps to remove Malware from Android
Android apps can get infected with viruses that are installed on smartphones. In this first step, we will try to identify and uninstall any malicious app that is there installed on your android phone.
- On your Android device, go to the “Settings” then click on Apps or Application manager.
- In the Apps, you can see a list of all apps installed on your device. Find the malicious app on that list.
- **If you cannot see the malicious app then it is advised that just uninstall all the recently installed apps.
- Tap on the app which you want to uninstall. This won’t start the app but will open up the program’s App info screen. If the app is currently running then just press the force stop button.
- Next, just clear the cache and data and uninstall the unwanted app.
This is the manual kind of solution to remove malicious apps from the android device.
On the other hand, if you still have the same malicious activities on PC then you need to go for any automatic solutions [There are many available if you perform a search for it ]. You can just choose a reputed one based on its review and previous performance. It completely helps you out to remove current malware and even protect from further suspicious attacks.
The android operating system which is the popular one for a mobile device is not untouched from malware programs. There are several ways through which cybercriminals can place malware in the form of malicious apps.
They can scan and collect crucial details for their personal use and make you face a troublesome situation.
It is very much important to remove such an android virus completely from an android device. Actually, it is easily possible with some steps and some precautions.
If you still have some questions then feel free to ask in comments.